Robert Fulford's Resume
- Editor, 1968-1987, of Saturday Night magazine
- Co-host, Realities, interview program, TVOntario, 1982-89
- Maclean Hunter Chair in Communications Ethics, School of Journalism, Ryerson Polytechnic University, 1989-1993
- Chair, arts journalism programme, Banff Centre for the Arts, 1989-1992
- Media columnist for Morningside, CBC Radio, 1989-93
- Weekly columnist, The Financial Times of Canada, 1988-92
- Weekly columnist, The Globe and Mail, 1992-99
- Daily columnist for the Toronto Star,
1959-62 and 1964-68. Weekly columnist for the Star, 1971-87
- Worked in the 1950s and 1960s on editorial staffs of The Globe and Mail, Canadian Homes and Gardens, Mayfair, Maclean's. Served on the editorial board of the
- Awarded Prix d'honneur of the Canadian Conference of the Arts, 1981. Appointed an Officer of the Order of Canada, 1984. Lifetime Achievement Award, Canadian Journalism Foundation, 1996
- Honorary degrees from McMaster University,
York University, University of Western Ontario, University of Toronto, University of King's College, Halifax. Honorary fellowship, Ontario College of Art and Design.
- Barker Fairley Distinguished Visitor in Canadian Culture, University College, University of Toronto, 1987-88
- Co-chair, International Design Conference, Aspen, Colorado, 1984
- Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada fellowship for travel in Japan, 1987
- Visitor, Canadian Studies program, Hebrew
University, Jerusalem, 1997
- Winner of 17 National Magazine Awards (14 gold and 3 silver), including the Foundation Award for Outstanding Achievement (1997).
- Winner of Editors' Association of Canada
Tom Fairley Award for book editing, 1989.
This Was Expo (1968)
Crisis at the Victory Burlesk: Culture, Politics & Other Diversions (1968)
Marshall Delaney at the Movies: The Contemporary World As Seen On Film (1974)
An Introduction to the Arts in Canada (1977)
Best Seat in the House: Memoirs of a Lucky Man (1988)
Accidental City: The Transformation of Toronto
Toronto Discovered (1998)
The Triumph of Narrative: Storytelling in the Age of Mass Culture (1999)
- Harold Town Drawings (1968)
- The Beginning of Vision: Lawren Harris Drawings (1982)
- Canada: A Celebration (1983)
Author of Articles and Reviews in: Amiricas, Canadian Notes & Queries, Canadian Architect, Canadian Art, Canadian Interiors, The Chesterton Review, Chicago Tribune Magazine, City and Country Home, Destinations, Eugene O'Neill Review, The Idler, Imperial Oil Review, Insite, Los Angeles Times Book Review, Marketing, Media, Montreal Gazette, New York Times Book Review, Ottawa Citizen, Queen's Quarterly, Rotunda, Saturday Night, Toronto Life, Venue, Wall Street Journal.
Born in Ottawa, February 13, 1932. Married, four children.
Return to Robert Fulford's Home Page